le nombre de visiteurs

samedi 24 avril 2010

LES HARLEM POP TROTTERS VOL2

Harlem Pop Trotters: Penwick and Plongee Synthetique
From: Harlem Pop Trotters (Les Treteaux, 1975 / Kif/Melodie En Sous Sol, 1994)

So, back to my neighbours across the pond with another classic French funk release, this time from the mysteriously mustached bikers that called themselves the Harlem Pop Trotters. Bizarre name, bizarre front cover, but a great album of jazz/funk fusion.

I won't even pretend to have got my hand on an OG version of this as everything has it's limits including my bank account. This is from a French reissue by Kif/Melodie En Sous Sol from 2004 which is very reasonably priced and definitely worth picking up. The original version appeared on the highly collectible Les Treteaux label home to many much sought after records including the legendary Godchild.

To my shame I know pretty much nothing about this band apart from that this appears to be their only album and that it was released in the mid seventies. I have also been led to believe that the men behind it are Library musicians Jean-Claude Pierric and Francois Rolland though I can't back that up with proof. I like to think that this adds to the legend of the album but that could just be me being lazy.




Pour OBTENIR CE DISC LE MAIL DE PRODUCTEUR: kifmusic@free.fr

For to have this record mail producer : kifmusic@free.fr />












François Rolland et le guitariste à la droite de la photo
François ROLLAND A ETE LE LEADER DES MUSTANGS


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire